Monday, November 27, 2006

P-Riv Update: Week 12

P-Riv is my dogg.

Let's face it. Last Sunday was a sub-par performance from the Chargers and our man, Philip Rivers. No, let's face it, it was a horrible performance.

I could barely muster up the energy to write this update. This was Rivers' worst performance in a win ever. But that's what matters, right. The win. Not to me. I want Rivers to be regarded as the greatest quarterback in the history of the world and games like this make that extremely difficult.

P-Riv was, however, effective when it mattered most. He completed four of his last five throws as the Chargers scored on consecutive fourth-quarter drives to pull out the victory.

Philip's post game performance was far better than his in-game performance. Following the game he said, “To me, the number one job I have as a quarterback is to lead. I continued to do that. I was frustrated, but I didn’t panic. Once you let your teammates think that you’re out of whack and you’re frustrated and you can’t make a play, then it affects everybody. I just kept playing and just figuring it was a matter of time before it came along. It never did necessarily, but we were able to fight through it.”

He does know all the right things to say.

LT seems to love P-Riv almost as much as I. “From my standpoint, I couldn’t tell and I don’t think any other guys could tell that he really wasn’t having a good day,” running back LaDainian Tomlinson said. “He was still real positive. Every drive, he always came out and said, ‘Okay guys. Let’s get a score here. Let’s get this thing going.’ That’s what you’ve got to have from your quarterback.”

P-Riv should get the clutch veteran, McCardell, back as my beloved Chargers head east to face the sneaky Bills on the cold turf of Buffalo.

You will notice that no stats were included in this update. Make sure you pick up an issue of ESPN The Mag that features our man, P-Riv in his powder blue on the cover.

Let's put this one behind us and cheer our Chargers on to victory.

GO CHARGERS!!!

No comments: